The best portable monitor for MacBook Pro is the one that will keep you productive and on-task. Many people use their laptops as a secondary screen to access what they need, but it can be not very pleasant when switching from one computer to another.
With a good external monitor, this issue will disappear because you’ll be able to protect your laptop’s display onto a bigger screen with no trouble at all!
In this article, we will show you some of the best monitors out there right now. These are the ones that are perfect for MacBook Pro users. So please take a look at them before making any decisions!
We hope this article helped answer your questions about choosing a portable monitor for MacBook Pro.
What is a portable monitor for MacBook Pro?
A portable monitor for MacBook Pro is a device that plugs into your laptop and works as an external monitor. The only difference is that it can be taken wherever you want to go.
If you work or travel a lot and use different devices, this might be a good option for you. It will work on all of your devices (Windows and macOS).
Why should you get one?
If you are always busy and work at different places, this monitor will be good for you. It can be moved around easily. In addition, you can use it for your laptop. The portable displays are also great if you have coworkers with different operating systems at your desk.
You can also check the cheap portable monitor for laptop
What should you look out for?
There are some essential features to consider when buying this device: resolution (HD/QHD), screen size, and ports. We’ll break down what these mean below, so it’s easier to understand!
The resolution of your new device will determine how clear images will appear – like how pixels create an image. With HD content, those same high-quality visuals can be seen from far away distances, while QHD allows users to see more detail but only up close.
Screen size and ports are critical as you’ll need to make sure your device has the best of both worlds. You should also USB-C port are available on the monitor, which allows devices to connect (like a monitor).
Table Of Content
- What is a portable monitor for MacBook Pro?
- Why should you get one?
- What should you look out for?
- Compare Specs The Best Portable Monitor for MacBook Pro
- ASUS ZenScreen – Best Travel Monitor
- AOC I1601FWUX 15.6″ USB-C powered portable monitor
- Portable Monitor – Lepow 14 inch (2021) FHD 1080P IPS Computer Monitor
- SideTrak Swivel 12.5″ Attachable Portable Monitor for Mac
- ViewSonic 15.6 Inch 1080p Portable Monitor
- Acer PM161Q bu Portable Monitor
- Lenovo ThinkVision M14 14″ Full HD 1920×1080 IPS Monitor
- MSI Frameless Bezel Glass – Best Portable Monitor Under 200
- HP 14 E14 G4 – Best Portable Monitor Under 300
- ZSCMALLS Portable Monitor 15.6 Inch Full HD Computer Display USB C
- Frequency ask question
Compare Specs The Best Portable Monitor for MacBook Pro
ASUS ZenScreen – Best Travel Monitor
- 15.6” FHD IPS USB Type-C portable monitor with hybrid signal solution for compatibility with USB...
- Ultra-portable award-winning design at 1.7 pounds and 0.3 inches slim to pair perfectly with ASUS...
- Smart cover and smart pen hole allow for landscape and portrait orientations easily with auto...
The ASUS ZenScreen 15.6 inch 1080P Portable Monitor is a world-class monitor that’s portable, weighing 1.7 pounds and just 0.3 inches slim (8.9 x 0.3 x 14.2 inches).
It comes with a cover that is easy to use and a hole for a pen. If you turn the surface, it changes from landscape to portrait mode. It is a USB type C converter (LP cable sold separately). It will work on Windows OS and the Display widget.
Don’t worry about your eyes. The ASUS ZenScreen will make sure that you are safe with TUV Rhei certification.
- The ASUS ZenScreen is compatible with USB Type-C, USB Type-A, and DisplayLink.
- It weighs 1.7 pounds and is .3 inches slim for a “perfect pairing” with Asus laptops.
- Its portable design makes it easy to travel around without its bulk or weighty feel.
- You can rotate between landscape and portrait by just rotating the monitor thanks to its smart cover/pen hole.
AOC I1601FWUX 15.6″ USB-C powered portable monitor
- USB-C DP Alt Mode on host device is REQUIRED, there is NO HDMI input on this monitor** Please check...
- AOC 16-inch class (15.6” viewable) USB-C portable monitor with IPS screen and full HD 1080P...
- Simplify your connectivity with one single USB-C cable that powers and delivers video signal to the...
Quickly boost your productivity with the new 15.6 inches ultraslim USB-C powered portable monitor from AOC. The I1601FWUX is a Full HD 1920×1080 display with IPS technology for crystal clear imagery and 1000:1 static contrast ratio, wide viewing angles of 178°/178° Viewing (horizontal and vertical)
With 100% Rec. 709 gamut color representation and anti-glare coating, you can work anywhere without compromising your screen’s quality or visual acuity when you are not in an ideal lighting environment.
Connectivity was never this intuitive: You get one single cable from the monitor to power it, simplifying things immensely! The USB-C port delivers a video signal, too so that.
- Tap into a 15.6-inch screen for the workspace you need to finish your work.
- Buy now and be eligible for free shipping for 90 days.
- Get an extended warranty program with a one year warranty on your monitor, so if anything goes wrong, AOC will ship out another one hassle-free.
- The USB-C adapter powers the secondary display, saving you from worrying about plugging in or maintaining power.
Portable Monitor – Lepow 14 inch (2021) FHD 1080P IPS Computer Monitor
- 🌈【14-inch FHD 1080P IPS Screen】🌈Lepow 14-inch display offers 1920 x 1080 IPS resolution...
- ☀️【Multiple Device Connection】☀️Lepow portable monitor can be easily connected to laptop...
- 🔆【Slim, Light Weight & Portable】🔆With a slim 0.2-inch profile and just 1.7 pounds, Lepow...
The Lepow Lightweight Portable Monitor Frame is the ultimate solution for all your monitor needs. This screen has a resolution of 1366×768, which is high definition. It can display 1080p video from an external computer monitor or projector.
This small frame weighs 1.7 pounds, so you will not have any trouble carrying it around. It also features an easy-to-grip surface design in glossy black with LED brightness levels.
If you want to adjust your screen brightness, try watching movies or videos in a darker setting. It is easier on the eyes when the contrast ratio isn’t too high between dark and light.
The Lepow portable monitor comes equipped with HDMI ports and Type C connections, and it’s built in speakers dual stereo speakers.
- Multi purpose laptop monitor.
- Transform your mobile devices into a desktop experience.
- Dimensions: 18.3 x 9.8 inches.
- Get a free screen protector and leather case when you purchase it!
SideTrak Swivel 12.5″ Attachable Portable Monitor for Mac
- MAKE YOUR MACBOOK DUAL SCREEN >> SideTrak Swivel is a 12.5” LCD IPS portable monitor that securely...
- PRODUCTIVITY THAT MOVES WITH YOU >> This 11.75" x 7.5" portable monitor is lightweight, stays...
- EXCEPTIONAL PICTURE QUALITY >> This portable laptop monitor provides a bright, colorful, and...
SideTrak portable monitor for Mac laptops is the perfect extension to your working space. Enjoy more screen real estate and work with content on two screens anywhere you, please. With an IPS panel and high resolution LED-backlit display, this 12.5 inches monitor offers an exceptional viewing experience that will make your laptop screen a window to another world!
Say goodbye to the small view area of a traditional laptop or holding up large sheets of paper. Instead, increase accuracy and diminish eye strain as SideTrak’s sturdy stand securely attaches right under your Macbook.
This monitor is always in sync with what is going on, and it offers a range of bright colors.
It has a comprehensive color gamut that many other monitors do not have, which can show more colors.
It weighs less than 2 lbs total so that you can carry it wherever creativity bursts forth with ease. A two-in-one canopy includes both a bug screen and a weather shield to protect them from the elements.
The maximum weight limit is 80 pounds (total including passenger). So ride along or short distances without worry about their well-being with great features like these!
- Save time and space by combining the productivity of dual screens laptop.
- Increase your efficiency on Mac devices by using one screen for keyboard, trackpad, or mouse | The other screen can be used for documents, spreadsheets, videos, or whatever you like!
- Portable and lightweight so that it’s easy to take this monitor anywhere and set it up wherever you want
- 12.5 inch LCD IPS display is bright and colorful
ViewSonic 15.6 Inch 1080p Portable Monitor
- ULTRA-PORTABLE MONITOR: Weighing just under 2 lbs., this 15.6-inch portable monitor can be easily...
- 2-WAY POWERED USB-C: With dual USB-C Ports, the VG1655 can deliver data, audio, video, and power...
- OPTIMIZED FOR PORTABLE GAMING: Connect your gaming devices to play games anywhere
The ViewSonic VG1655 is a portable monitor that features highly sophisticated IPS panel technology, USB-C connectivity, low profile design. It’s lightweight and perfect for on-the-go gaming with laptops or other devices you are traveling with.
This device can be played in both landscape and portrait mode. The screen cover will also allow you to work efficiently without worrying about liquid touches.
The monitor has a 15.6 inches screen size with 1280×1080 resolution and a 4ms response time for lag-free gameplay. The ViewSonic 15.6 Inch 1080p Portable Monitor with 2-Way Powered USB C and IPS is a high-end portable gaming monitor.
A screen cover protects your screen. You can use it when you are moving or storing your laptop in a locker with no space for it. It’s lightweight and easy to pack up in backpacks or suitcases, big and small even purses! Weighing just under 2 lbs.
This monitor is not like other monitors. You can take it on long trips without worrying about damaging it. It’s good for the airport, hiking, and mountain climbing too.
- Completely portable at just over 2 pounds
- Thin design – great for carry.
- Two way powered single USB C cable
- Built-in stand – optimizes viewing angles and eliminates the need to carry around a separate monitor stand
Acer PM161Q bu Portable Monitor
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- Portable and versatile design
- Response time: 7ms (g to G)
The Acer PM161Q portable monitor is perfect for on-the-go users who want to multi-task and increase their productivity. The Full HD widescreen display provides a clear, crisp image with wide viewing angles for easy collaboration. In addition, its lightweight and thin design make it easy to carry anywhere you go.
The Acer PM161Q offers Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. It also has a 7 ms response time and 250 cd/m² brightness.
It features a USB Type-C port for video output and a Micro USB port for power charging.
As a result, the Acer PM161Q is ideal for using notebooks or tablets and other mobile devices such as smartphones that support DP-Alt mode over their own dedicated video output ports.
This monitor is good for watching your favorite movies, photos, and games. You can see them with outstanding clarity and colors. It only weighs 2. 1 lb, and it is very thin. This makes it easy to carry around with you wherever you go!
- Perfect for gaming, grading assignments, and watching movies
- Tired of sitting at your desk? The monitor can be adjusted to the perfect angle anywhere you want.
- Take it with you on the go with an ultra-thin design and a lightweight frame.
- Use it with your laptop via USB Type-C video (if supported) or plugin into standard USB or Thunderbolt ports.
Lenovo ThinkVision M14 14″ Full HD 1920×1080 IPS Monitor
- 14" Fhd 1920 x 1080 IPS
- 16. 7 million colors, 300 nit typical, 6ms with old - 60 Hz refresh
- 2 x USB Type-C ports that supports DisplayPort 1. 2 Alt Mode and Pd2. 0
This Lenovo ThinkVision M14 monitor is good. It has a vivid picture, and you can see it from many spots in the room. It has 14 inches, 1920×1080 IPS panels with 16.7 million colors, 300 nits typical brightness, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a 6ms response time for clear images.
This monitor has two USB ports. These are particular ports that work with DisplayPort 1.2 Alt Mode and Pd2.0 protocols, which means you can connect devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops, and more to the display simultaneously.
In addition, the stand is adjustable, so you can watch what is on the screen comfortably in any environment. This monitor has a special filter that can reduce blue light. It will help with eyestrain and make it easier to see the screen.
In addition to a standard Screen Color option, this monitor also offers a Low Blue Light Technology feature that reduces eye fatigue by lowering the intensity of blue light.
This Lenovo ThinkVision M14 monitor has a beautiful design. It is full HD and has an ultra-thin bezel.
- Get fast refresh rates to enjoy gaming or watching videos in close detail.
- With the 2 USB ports, connect your devices without any hassle so you can multitask more efficiently.
- Designed for productivity with an adjustable screen that lets you work wherever you are most comfortable.
- Take advantage of the Kensington lock slot if available on your desk space.
MSI Frameless Bezel Glass – Best Portable Monitor Under 200
- 1920 x 1080 60 Hz 25ms (GTG)
- Mini HDMI and USB Type-C, more functional connectivity
- Adjustment smart cover included
THE GRAPHIC DESIGNER dreams THAT the MSI Frameless Bezel Glass Surface 1920 X 1080 USB/HDMI Smart Cover Included IPS panel. This surface features a frameless bezel-glass surface, perfect for multitasking using its seamless edge-to-show events running simultaneously!
In addition, you can easily toggle through six modes with advanced display settings to give your work that extra sparkle.
Plus, with the adjustment smart cover included and multiple connectivity ports such as Mini HDMI and USB Type-C, this product has more functional connectivity than ever before!
1920 x 1080 provides a crisp image. The 60 Hz refresh rate makes it easier to play games or watch TV. In addition, the GTG response time helps make the photos smoother and the gameplay quickly.
- 1080P 60Hz display, high-quality visuals.
- Frameless Bezel Glass Surface/Non-Touch monitor.
- Adjustable smart cover included to the convertible laptop (must have/compatible).
- IPS panel technology for vibrant colors and good viewing angles.
HP 14 E14 G4 – Best Portable Monitor Under 300
The HP 14 E14 G4 Portable Monitor has a sleek design. It’s affordable and perfect for multi monitor setups. You can use this monitor in two ways. You can take it with you and use it as a portable design or mount the monitor on the wall using the included VESA-compliant mounting kit.
In addition, the display can be rotated, so it is in portrait mode. This makes it perfect for watching movies or playing games. The HDMI port provides support for Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) resolution and quad view functionality.
This portable monitor is good for people who travel. They can use it to work without having to carry a big screen. This laptop has a USB cable that can be plugged in. So it does not have to be near a plug.
The versatile ProBook E14 G4 can be used anywhere, anytime – for example, presenting on a second screen with HDMI.
- Conveniently charge your laptop and extend your screen at the same time
- Double your productivity with actual Full HD 1080p resolution
- Receive vivid, crisp images from any angle
- Stream content from a wide range of devices with a single connection
ZSCMALLS Portable Monitor 15.6 Inch Full HD Computer Display USB C
- [Ultra Portable Monitor] 15.6” Matte Monitor delivers stunning 1920 x 1080 resolution, IPS screen...
- [Plug and Play Feature] The USB C portable monitor has impressive feature of plug and play that...
- [Smart Design & Case] Original protective cover which is made with a durable PU leather exterior, it...
The ZSCMALLS USB monitor 15.6 Inch Full HD Computer Display USB C Dual Monitor’s compact, Slim design is perfect for traveling and quickly achieving an instant viewing solution. With a 1920 x 1080 resolution IPS screen with ultra HDR option, the monitor delivers dynamic images at your office desk or anywhere you use it!
It has a stunningly bright IPS screen (providing better detail than standard TN screens) and includes HDR capability so you can see colors as they were intended. In addition, this device stands out from the crowd because of its Plug and Play Feature – no driver installation required!
This saves you time by reducing the complexity of the configuration. In addition, you can use it right away because there is no need to configure anything at all.
It is hard to carry a laptop with you everywhere. However, the laptop weighs less than 1kg, so it is not too heavy to take anywhere. It also has a black case that makes it easy to put in your bag without making the bag bulky.
- 15.6-inch portable monitor with a 1920×1080 resolution
- Ultra-lightweight at only 1.42 pounds
- Thin and lightweight size for convenient travel
- Plug and Play without the need to install any drivers
Frequency ask question
Do portable monitors worth buying?
Yes, portable monitors are worth buying. They can be placed anywhere in the house and last up to 10 hours on a single charge. You can use them when your child has a fever or sore throat. It means you do not need to go to the doctor all the time.
Portable monitors work best if your child doesn’t move too much during the measurement process. First, however, make sure that there is enough space between them and your body.
What are portable monitors compatible with MacBook Pro?
You have a lot of options to choose from when you’re considering by a monitor. But, of course, the most popular mobile workstation for many artists and professionals is the MacBook Pro, which can be connected to an external monitor using either a Thunderbolt 3 port or HDMI support.
A Thunderbolt 3 plug is not compatible with USB-C plugs, but luckily, various other options available will suit your purposes just fine! Here are some monitors that I highly recommend in terms of their portability and convenience.
Tamrac’s Executive Elite Compact Deluxe 200AW(U) (20″) – features lightweight construction and sleek design for maximum versatility on any job site, no matter where you roam. In addition, it has included software such.
Are all monitors compatible with Mac?
It depends on the monitor. Many models work with Macs by plugging into the USB-C port, so you do not need an adapter.
Portable monitors are a good option if you’re often traveling to presentations or working in different offices and have connectivity issues at work with your display device.
While you are using power, mobile devices usually can offer resolutions of 1080p+. But this is not as good as what many programs need (more than 5K).
What is a portable monitor refresh rate?
Think of it as a frame rate for an action movie. It helps make things look better and prevents you from feeling like you don’t know what is happening on the edges of your screen.
In addition, a higher refresh rate will generally make games, movies, or any other high motion content look better as there’s less chance of noticing blurring, ghosting, or juddering.
It’s currently clocked at 144Hz, which means it refreshes 144 times per second to show your content on-screen (usually, this means turning it on and off again).
It is far more than most monitors would offer at 60Hz since they typically require a change every 16ms to create the illusion of movement for all but the fastest motions.
What are the important factors that are necessary to choose the best portable monitor for MacBook Pro?
Choosing a portable monitor for your MacBook Pro at first might seem easy, but there are many factors to consider. One of the most important is what type of port it has.
Many models will have at least one Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C input, and those allow you to power a second display that is usually connected to it with an HDMI cable.
You’ll need to find out if the monitor is HDCP certified. It means that it has high bandwidth digital content protection.
Is USB C the same as Thunderbolt?
No, USB C is the same as the Micro-B connector. Thunderbolt is more like a PC card than a data port. You can plug it into your computer to connect different things, like monitors or hard drives.
Thunderbolt can transfer data at 20 Gbps in both directions, while USB 3.0 Gen 2 and USB 3.1 Typ C transfer data at 10 Gbps simultaneously in one order.
What adapter do I need to connect my MacBook to a monitor?
To use your Macbook Pro with an external monitor, you need a Thunderbolt adapter. But there is no standard adapter for that. So instead of buying a USB-C adapter with HDMI or other connections, you can buy one that works on any computer.
If something happens to your MacBook Pro, it will not matter because you have the extra adapters.
A portable monitor for MacBook Pro is a must-have accessory that will increase the productivity of your work. With so many options to choose from, finding the right one can be difficult.
We’ve researched for you by reviewing all of our top picks in detail below.
This is a list of reviews for monitors. Reviews will tell you if a monitor is budget-friendly or has a higher resolution.
If you would instead not read any further than this sentence, we recommend picking up an LG UltraFine 4K display – it has everything you need without going over budget!