When considering the best inkjet printer for home, the first thing to consider is printing space. If you are using your printer at home for serious printing, you will want to look at the available options with a home printer. Many of the best inkjet printers for home come with a toner cartridge, and some also include a reliable ink cartridge and the ink cartridge.
Many people involved in graphic arts or other creative fields find that having an inkjet printer in their home office helps them save time and produce quality work faster.
There are many different types of inkjet printers available for buying, and each has its own set of benefits and drawbacks. Your final choice may depend on whether you will be using it more as a printer or as part of a desktop setup. Either way, there are many inkjet printers for a home available, and some are even priced competitively.
Table Of Content
- Brother Monochrome Laser Printer, Compact All-In One Printer
- Canon Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge
- HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Comparison Table – Best inkjet printer for home
- Inkjet printer for your home? ( Buying Guides)
- How to work inkjet printer
- Why buy an inkjet printer?
- Best brands of inkjet printers
- Printer Managing Tips
- Frequency Ask Question
Brother Monochrome Laser Printer, Compact All-In One Printer
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to...
- Dynamic features meet your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency...
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and...
Want more productivity work at home? Choose the Brother HL-J6000DW inkjet printer. Printing 20 pages/min, it has a tray with a capacity of 500 sheets. You will have access to all the parameters of the device thanks to its colour touch screen. The little extra that makes all the difference? You can add your favourites as a shortcut.
Limit paper waste and secure your documents via NFC. The badge reader allows you to define your access rights to the printer. And a page gauge system ensures increased user comfort. Likewise, you will have a real-time preview of the amount of ink remaining through the cartridge’s transparency.
Canon Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer
- Framing personal photos of treasured moments can be a great way to add personality to your office...
- Built-in wireless (802.11b/g) connection lets you print from almost anywhere.
- Compact photo printer creates photos up to 4" x 6", with or without borders, to suit your tastes.
Using sublimation printing technology, the Canon Selphy CP1300 is arguably the most compact inkjet printer in this review. Measuring 18.6 x 13.6 x 6.3cm, it weighs just 860g. The Photo prints stand out for quality and their reproduction’s fidelity, both in black and white and in color.
Quiet, this printer can be controlled from a smartphone or tablet using a USB connector, SD card, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. To do so, download the Canon Print app. for Windows or Apple AirPrintTM for iOS or MopriaTM for Android. It takes less than 1 min per print.
Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge
- Your business needs a printer that’s fast, affordable, easy to use, and has premium productivity...
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing ― High-capacity ink tanks mean no more tiny, expensive ink...
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink ― Save up to 90% with replacement ink bottles vs. ink...
The Epson Ecotank 4750 MFP comes with an Epson Micro Piezo printhead, giving it better performance than the other printers in this review. Its 4800 x 1200 dpi resolution will impress you. The maximum capacity of the device is 250 A4 papers. Thanks to the automatic feeder and automatic two-sided printing, each page will cost just $ 0.006.
This inkjet printer can also scan documents and photocopy. There is no risk of wasted ink since the ink goes to the minimum drop size of 3.3 pL. It is the ideal printer if you print around 1,500 pages/month, mainly invoices and purchase orders that do not require very high print quality.
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Upgrade your office – Replacing the OfficeJet Pro 8710, this small office printer offers faster...
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to QuickBooks, Google...
- Genuine HP 962 ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP...
If the Brother is missing, get the HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 e-AiO. This color inkjet printer is perfect for perfection. With standing intensive use, this model provides a speed of 20 pages/min in color and 24 pages/min in black and white. It also stands out with its two 250-sheet input trays and a 100-sheet output bin.
Its size is quite large, and yet this printer is easy to install. For printing, you’ll have a choice of Wi-Fi, the right old Ethernet port, or the USB 2.0 port. It is also possible to print a document directly from a USB port connected to the device. It eliminates the need to connect it to a computer.
Comparison Table – Best inkjet printer for home
⇒The number of printheads
It is an essential criterion because it determines the quality of the color reproduction of printed documents. Inkjet printers can be accompanied by three different printhead technologies: 3-colour, 4-color and full-colour.
It is based on three primary colors, which are blue, red and yellow. Color printing is often of low quality, black and white prints, with a greenish color instead of black. Inkjet printers of this type are relatively slow, and their ink consumption is higher.
The 4-color process is more efficient and much more economical than the previous one, thanks to an additional black printhead.
However, it is recommended for a better shade of color to choose a printer with polychromic technology. It is also the one found on most models dedicated to printing photos with 5 or 6 color heads, in addition to a blackhead.
There are two categories of inkjet printers on the market: the so-called All in one model and photo models. The former is undoubtedly cheaper and faster but often with limited performance, especially when making photo prints.
More expensive inkjet photo printers are designed with technologies specially optimized for perfect image reproduction. They are generally slower than the all-rounders and less suitable for printing documents containing text or tables. So, it is best to determine your printing needs before choosing one of these models.
The resolution is the number of dots per inch on any printer that the machine can reproduce on a sheet. The higher it is, the better the print quality will be, hence the importance of this parameter. However, the quality of the reproduction does not depend only on the resolution. The technology used plays a huge role in this.
To improve the quality of the renderings, manufacturers use different technologies. While some prefer to reduce the amount of ink used for a drop, others try to dose the size of the drop according to the different hues and shades of colors to smooth the transition between colors.
These parameters are often difficult to understand. Thus, the best solution to appreciate the color reproduction of an inkjet printer is to test different models.
Ink cartridges are used to operate inkjet printers. These are consumables that run out quite quickly when making large or regular prints. Cartridges greatly influence the print quality, as low ink quality inevitably affects the quality of printed documents.
The best would be to buy original cartridges or, at the limit, those called “compatible”. They are cheaper, but the quality is often inferior compared to the originals.
How to work inkjet printer
Typically, an inkjet printer is made up of ink cartridges, a motor, a print head, and circuits. Via a combination system, the ink arrives in the movable print head from the cartridge.
It can move from left to right on the sheet of paper using motor-driven and guided circuitry.
Printing is done thanks quickly to the coordinated actions of all these elements.
The print head, which has several nozzles, then ejects the ink onto the paper. Under the effect of heat, microbubbles of air will form in these nozzles.
The latter takes care of the projection of ink microdroplets to create the characters and the images according to the information transmitted to the circuitry. Who will engage a second motor to suck the paper from the tray and draw it towards the print head?
Why buy an inkjet printer?
⇒For Printer model
Some inkjet printer models such as the Canon Pixma iP110, iP2850, or the Epson Stylus Photo 1500 W and Epson Expression Photo XP-8600 are specially designed to print photos of an optimized polychromic technology that guarantees the best possible rendering colors.
However, inkjet printers on the market can use to print black and white documents and photos. Some are designed with a wide variety of functions, allowing them to be used as scanners, fax machines, or copiers.
⇒For the affordable price
The cost of acquiring inkjet printers is much more affordable than that of laser printers which, in addition to being expensive, require the use of toners for their operation. It is also why many individuals prefer to opt for an inkjet printer because they can use it for various printing tasks and at a lower cost.
⇒For ease of use
Inkjet printers are the most widely used by the general public due to their reasonable cost and ease of use. Some have wireless connectivity allowing you to connect different peripherals (computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.) and start printing remotely.
Others incorporate very intuitive touch screens that make it easy to choose settings. The models intended for printing photos can be equipped with a memory card reader, which offers the possibility of launching print orders directly from a camera.
⇒For printing speed
Print speed has long been the Achilles’ tendon of inkjet printers. Aware of this, manufacturers like HP or Epson have put a lot of effort into improving their products’ performance, and today it is possible to have, with a professional inkjet model, a printing speed comparable to that offered by a laser printer.
By way of illustration, the OfficeJet Pro X inkjet printer offered by HP can print up to 70 pages/min, which is the same as a laser printer.
⇒For occasional use
The significant conclusion drawn from the advantages mentioned above is that it is better to acquire an inkjet model for occasional printing needs. The price is more affordable, and the various functions integrated into specific models and allow them to be converted into scanners or photocopiers.
The list below will help you get an idea of the prices usually priced for each price range (entry-level, mid-range, and high-end).
However, more expensive does not necessarily mean better.
Therefore, We advise you to always consult an expert before making up your mind, rather than blindly relying on cost ranges.
- Entry-level: 40 to 150 USD
- Mid-range: 151 to 450 USD
- High-end more than 500 USD
Best brands of inkjet printers
In our opinion, the best inkjet printer brands are:
- Brother – A brand of Japanese origin, it specializes in the design of printing peripherals. Its printers, inkjet or laser, are as innovative as each other.
- Epson – Mainly offering printers and video projectors, Epson was founded around 1975. It is one of the leaders in the electronics market alongside Brother, Lexmark, and even Ricoh.
- HP – Short for Hewlett-Packard, this American brand has made a name for itself in the IT world with its hybrid laptops, desktops, and printers. It is just behind Lenovo at the top of the table.
- Lexmark – Specializing in the sale of dot-matrix printers and printers, Lexmark happens to be one of the world’s best printer brands.
- Canon – An essential brand in the world of printing, Canon continues to offer products that are ever more powerful than previous ranges.
Printer Managing Tips
- Think about borderless printing
- Use paper specific to inkjet printers
- Use saving mode
- Blow it up with a hairdryer
- Clean the printer nozzles
Frequency Ask Question
- What is the best inkjet printer for home?
The best inkjet printer depends on your needs and your budget. Read our buying guide to find the best products around.
- Is the installation of an inkjet printer necessary?
Current models are installed automatically. You only need to pair it with a computer or mobile.
- How do I clean my inkjet printer?
As soon as you see a stain on your prints, start cleaning immediately. To do this, lift the cover and then remove the dirt from the drum.
- What to do with empty cartridges?
Go directly to a print shop or a supermarket and place your printer cartridges in the bins intended for this purpose.
- How to change ink cartridges?
The process varies depending on the model. However, it would be best if you unplugged your printer and then open the cover. Find the location of the cartridge and swap it. Do not hesitate to refer to the user manual.
For people who plan on printing photos, small documents, and perhaps larger books, an all-in-one printer may be just what you are looking for—the best All In One Wireless Ink Lamp Printer for home use. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 is a popular and affordable all-in-one wireless printer. It’s perfect for both home users and small offices.