There are many emulators out there that you can use to emulate a mobile device on your PC, but Genymotion is one of the best.
Today in this article, I will show How to set up Genymotion’s most popular fast & easy android Emulator call Genymotion. First of all, if you’re doing android developer and not using Genymotion.
GET IT! The thing is blindingly fast, faster than my Galaxy S4 device. Look Like a Real Android Phone Environment.
In this article
- About Genymotion
- Genymotion Common Feature:
- Genymotion Setup requirements
- For Windows
- For Mac OS X – Genymotion for Mac
- For Linux
- Installation Genymotion
- Configure Genymotion with Android Studio:
- Extra Tips
- Install Failed CPU :
- Unable To Start Genymotion Virtual Device – Virtualbox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter Failed To Start
- Unable To Create Genymotion Virtual Device
- Genymotion Does Not Start Android Virtual Device
- Genymotion Player.Exe Stopped Working
- Frequency ask question
Genymotion is an Android emulator that you can use to emulate a mobile device on your PC. This method allows developers, engineers, and testers to test their apps in different environments without having access to the actual instruments they need.
In other words, it’s as if we were testing our app on an iPhone. Still, instead of using real hardware, Genymotion android emulates all the functions of an iOS environment so that any issues are found before they affect users with those specific devices. You can download Genymotion for free from Google Play Store or direct from the Genymotions website.
Genymotion Common Feature:
- Genymotion has a graphical user interface that is very easy to use, and it provides more features than the other emulators.
- You can emulate various devices like the Apple iPhone, Google Nexus, or Samsung Galaxy S II.
- It supports many Android versions (from Gingerbread up to Marshmallow), so you don’t need additional plugins for your testing needs.
- The emulator includes USB emulation, which allows you to connect virtually any device on the market – from Bluetooth keyboards & mice to external storage drives and even printers! This way, all your apps will work as expected no matter what type of hardware they’re being tested with.
Genymotion Setup requirements
Genymotion is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Requirements vary depending on the operating system you’re using, so we will cover them separately:
– For Windows, Genymotion requires at least a Pentium Core I CPU with two cores or more, an Intel chipset (GMA950 or above) GPU with hardware acceleration enabled in BIOS settings, and running DirectX 11 as well as at least one USB port to connect your devices.
Memory requirements are also higher than what most people would recommend, but it varies from computer to computer.
The minimum requirement is 16GBs of RAM though I would recommend 32 GBs if possible.- On macOS, Genymotion runs on any 64-bit architecture Macintosh powered by an Intel processor.
Like Windows, it requires at least 16GB of RAM.
– For Linux (Ubuntu and Fedora tested), Genymotion doesn’t seem to have any particular requirements. Still, the team recommends a CPU with two cores or more for best performance and an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card that supports OpenGL|ES hardware acceleration.
Note: if you don’t have a Graphic card, you can’t use Genymotion on your computer.
First, you need to check the requirements:
- Identify your Intel® Graphics Controller See here
- Oracle VirtualBox >= 4.2.12 (greater is better)
To using Genymotion, you need Oracle VirtualBox. Suppose you don’t already have VirtualBox installed. Then please install VirtualBox Than try to install Genymotion.
Download and Install Oracle VirtualBox
- Read the following section.
The easiest way to install VirtualBox is to download the Genymotion package that contains the VirtualBox installer here.
For Mac OS X – Genymotion for Mac
Go to the VirtualBox download page and get the Mac OS X .dmg file. Open the .dmg file and follow the installation steps. When finished, reboot.
Check your repositories: almost every GNU/Linux has a package installer for VirtualBox. If not, or if you need to install a specific version, go to the VirtualBox download page.
You will have to head over to the Genymotion website and register a user account to get started. You will be able to download the installer after registration.
1. Go to the Genymotion register page
2. In the signup form, fill the fields with your personal information.
3. Click the “SIGN UP” button
4. You will receive a validation E-mail. Click on the validation link to finish
5. You will receive another e-mail indicating that your registration is now complete.
To see complete Installation Genymotion, Please See genymotion official page installation article.
Configure Genymotion with Android Studio:
- Download the genymotion-idea-plugin-20130716.jar plugin from the link genymotion.com/plugins
- Open Android Studio IDE
- Open File->Settings ->Plugins
- Choose Install plugin from disk and choose the downloaded genymotion-idea-plugin-20130716.jar
- Now Apply Changes
- In Android Studio, select Run->Edit configurations
- Select Target device as Show chooser dialog.
- Now, you can test your Application in Genymotion by choosing Genymotion from the Choose Device dialog while running your Application.
To install the app: you have to download the apk file (either from the browser within the emulator or on your desktop) and install it the usual way. The Play Store is not available in the emulator, but you can sideload apps (download here).
If you have Android SDK installed and configured Genymotion to point to the Android SDK folder, you can drag and drop the apk file to the emulator to install/flash it.
Install Failed CPU :
- If you see the “INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE” message, you will need to install the “Genymotion-ARM-Translation.zip” (download from this post) before you can install the Google apps.
It is an excellent way for developers to test apps and for users to play with Android. Be sure to tell us what you think about virtual Android on PC in the comments below.
Unable To Start Genymotion Virtual Device – Virtualbox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter Failed To Start
If you are unable to start Genymotion virtual device, then you need to check whether you have installed VirtualBox correctly. If you have already installed VirtualBox, then you need to uninstall it first. Then, you need to install VirtualBox again. After that, you need to restart your computer.
See the solution:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19106436/
Unable To Create Genymotion Virtual Device
If you are unable to create a genymotion virtual device, then you need to install Android SDK tools first.
Then download the latest version of genymotion from https://www.genymotion.com/download/. After downloading the file, open the folder where you downloaded the file and run the setup.exe file.
See the solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17540311/
Genymotion Does Not Start Android Virtual Device
If you are using Genymotion 2.0.1, then you may encounter the problem of “Genymotion does not start Android virtual device”. This issue occurs when you try to use Genymotion to create an AVD for testing apps. The solution is to update Genymotion to version 2.2.1.
See the solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19700646/
Genymotion Player.Exe Stopped Working
If you are using Genymotion Player.exe, then you need to uninstall it from your computer. To do this, go to Start Menu > Settings > Apps > All apps > Uninstall Genymotion Player.
Frequency ask question
How to access local files from AndroVM (GenyMotion)?
To access local files from Andriod VM, you need to use the “adb” command. The ADB command is used to transfer data between Android devices and computers and the genymotion cloud. To access local files from Genymotion, you need to run the following commands:
$ cd /data/local/tmp
Does Genymotion Desktop work on Mac M1?
Yes, Genymotion Desktop works on Mac M1. However, you need to install VirtualBox first.
What should you do before uninstalling Genymotion emulator?
Before uninstalling Genymobile, you need to close all running apps and delete the app data from the device. If you want to uninstall Genymotion, go to Settings > Apps > All > Uninstall.
Or you can use any uninstall tool.
How to Manually Delete Genymotion Leftovers?
If you want to delete all the leftover files from Genymotion, you need to go into the folder where you installed Genymotion and delete all the files inside.
How To Uninstall Genymotion from Mac OS?
If you want to uninstall Genymotion from Mac, then follow these steps:
1. Open Finder
2. Go to the Applications folder
Does Genymotion work on Mac?
Yes, Genymotion works on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and later.
How can I get Genymotion for free?
If you want to download Genymotion for free, you need to follow these steps:
1. Go to Google Play Store
2. Search for “Genymotion”
3. Click on “Free”
4. Download the app
Is Genymotion free to use?
Yes, Genymotion is entirely free to use. However, you need to register for an account at genymotion.com to download the app.
What is the size of Genymotion?
The size of Genymotion is about 1GB.
How do I start Genymotion on Mac?
To start Genymotion on mac, first, download the Android SDK from https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html. Then open the terminal and run the command “./tools/genymotion” to create a virtual device.
Is Genymotion good for gaming?
Yes, Genymotion is great for Android game development. It allows you to run multiple emulators at once, making it easier to test different versions of Android. The emulator also has a built-in debugger, which helps you debug your app.
What is Genymotion for personal use?
Genymotion is a virtual device emulator that allows you to run Android apps on your computer. It means that you can test your app on different devices without physically installing them on your phone.
Why Genymotion is not working?
If you are using Genymotion for Android development, then you may be experiencing some issues. The first thing you should do is check whether you have installed the latest version of Genymotion.
If you have already done that, then try uninstalling and reinstalling Genymotion. If that doesn’t work, then you need to contact the Genymotion support team.
How can I get Genymotion?
Genymotion is a virtual machine for Android development. It allows you to run Android apps on your computer. The best way to get Genymotion is to download it from Google Play Store.
Setting up Genymotion for the first time can be a little daunting, but it’s not too hard. Here are some tips to help you get started and make sure everything runs smoothly!
First off, download VirtualBox from Oracle (the developers of Linux).
Once that is downloaded, open it and click “New” in the top left corner. Give your new virtual machine an appropriate name – we recommend something like “Genymotion.”
Make sure that type is set as “Linux” to match what will later happen on our computer screen.
For memory size, choose 2048 MB or more if possible. Click Next again, where you’ll see a summary of all these settings before clicking Create at the bottom right.