Last Update July 12, 2021: We improved the overall article.
Today in this article I will show How to set up Genymotion most popular fast & easy android Emulator call Genymotion. First of all, if you’re doing android developer and not using Genymotion… GET IT! The thing is blindingly fast, faster than my Galaxy S4 device.Look Like a Real Android Phone Environment.
Genymotion is an Android emulator based on Virtualbox. The good thing is that it doesn’t require you to install Virtualbox (good if you have already installed it) as it is bundled with the installer. Additionally, it can emulate specific devices and allows you to install/run/test apps on it,
1. Networking: Ethernet (emulates WiFi connection).
2. GPS (with configurable coordinates) and battery (with configurable battery levels) emulation widgets.
3. Display: OpenGL hardware acceleration, multiscreen, full-screen display.
4. Genymotion shell which allows you to interact with your VM using a command line.
5. ADB support.
6. Eclipse and Android Studio plugins.
7. Supports Linux, Windows, and Mac.
1. OpenGL 2.0 capable graphic card, with an up-to-date driver
2. VT-x or AMD-V capable CPU enabled in BIOS settings
3. At least 2GB of RAM memory
4. At least 100MB of free space on Hard Drive for Genymotion installation
1. Internet connection (installation and updates)
2. Screen resolution greater than 1024 x 768 pixels
Note : if you don’t have Graphic card then you can’t use Genymotion in your computer.
Checking Requirement :
- Identify your Intel® Graphics Controller See here
- Oracle VirtualBox >= 4.2.12 (greater is better)
To using Genymotion you need Oracle VirtualBox.If you don’t already have VirtualBox installed.then please install VirtualBox Than try to install Genymotion.
Download and Install Oracle VirtualBox
Read the following section.
The easiest way to install VirtualBox is to download the Genymotion package that contains VirtualBox installer here
For Mac OS X
Go to VirtualBox download page and get the Mac OS X .dmg file. Open the .dmg file and follow the installation steps. When finished, reboot.
Check your repositories: almost every GNU/Linux have a package installer for VirtualBox. If not, or if you need to install a specific version, go to VirtualBox download page
To get started, you will have to head over to Genymotion website and register a user account. You will be able to download the installer after the registration.
1. Go to Genymotion register page
2. In the signup form, fill the fields with your personal information.
3. Click the “SIGN UP” button
4. You will receive a validation E-mail. Click on the validation link to finish
5. You will receive another E-mail, indicating that your registration is now complete
To see complete Installation Genymotion Please See genymotion official page installation article
Configure Genymotion with Android Studio:
1. Download genymotion-idea-plugin-20130716.jar plugin from the link genymotion.com/plugins
2. Open Android Studio IDE
3. Open File->Settings ->Plugins
4. Choose Install plugin from disk and choose the downloaded genymotion-idea-plugin-20130716.jar
5. Now Apply Changes
6. In Android Studio select Run->Edit configurations
7. Select Target device as Show chooser dialog.
8. Now you can test your Application in Genymotion by choosing Genymotion from the Choose Device dialog while running your Application.
Extra Tips :
If you are seeing the “INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE” message, you will need to install the “Genymotion-ARM-Translation.zip” (download from this post) before you can install the Google apps.
This is a great way for developers to test apps and for users to play with Android. Be sure to tell us what you think about virtual Android on PC in the comments below.
Unable to start Genymotion Virtual Device – Virtualbox Host Only Ethernet Adapter Failed to start
See the solution :http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19106436/
Unable to create Genymotion Virtual Device
See the solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17540311/