Are you looking for the best surveillance cameras for home? They can work as an alarm, surveillance camera, or spy camera. Easy to install, to connect, they meet different needs for all budgets.
It wasn’t that long ago that a home security camera was a luxury home. Many couldn’t afford the cameras.
You needed expensive devices and an electrician to wire everything.
Luckily, the days are now over.
With the features of surveillance cameras, a real-time alert notification is required. This can be transmitted to a central or to his smartphone.
Connectivity plays a fundamental role in the storage of recorded data and videos. Besides, securing through online storage solutions, such as the Cloud, is a significant advantage.
You can get the best surveillance cameras for home at a reasonable price. Below you will find our selection, which wireless security camera system with remote viewing includes all budget options.
➦ Types Of Surveillance Camera
- Classic Surveillance Cameras: These are the familiar cylindrical cameras that come with many wired systems. They are instrumental if you know exactly where the camera should be filming, they can be edited quite easily and quickly.
- Dome Cameras: These are ceiling-mounted “eye in the sky” security cameras. Some are fixed. Others can be remotely controlled to perform pan, tilt, and zoom movements for more precise shots.
- Wireless Cameras: These plug-and-play wireless home security cameras have become very popular. Some are powered by cells or batteries, but some still require an electrical connection by cable.
1. YI 1080p: An inexpensive functional surveillance camera
- Big Intelligence. Small size: The Kami Mini Camera comes in a compact form factor, making it easy to...
- AI-Powered Human Detection: More advanced than traditional PIR or motion detection, the new built-in...
- 24/7 Safety: A smart home camera should be useful no matter what time of day it is. This camera...
The YI 1080p surveillance camera is very inexpensive and offers good performance. It is equipped with features like cloud storage, night vision, activity alert.
The good thing it’s also easy to set up and use.
Ideal for any room in the house, the YI 1080p surveillance camera can also keep an eye on newborns because it has a built-in program for crying and motion detection.
But it is not limited to monitoring newborns. You can use it anywhere in the house.
It is one of the cheapest and one of the best options for selecting the best surveillance cameras for home.
If you want to cut the budget even further, a 720p version of this surveillance camera is available. This version will reduce the price. See prices for the 720p Home Camera on Amazon.
- Face Detection
- Human Detection
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Multicam View
2. Amazon Cloud Camera – Best Cheap surveillance camera
- 【Exclusive Design】This indoor/outdoor cover is designed for Amazon Cloud Cam Camera.
- 【Premium Material】Made of high quality plastic material, equipped with waterproof silicone ring...
- 【Perfect Protection】Protect your device from any scratch, bumper or dirt in any outdoor...
The Amazon Cloud Camera has a lot of great features for a surveillance camera. It captures 1080p video, supports two-way audio, and works with Alexa so that you can talk to her!
For example, you can ask Alexa to show you a live stream on your TV or smartphone, wherever you are.
Plus, you also get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Cloud Cam Plans. This is the cloud server where all of your video and data are stored.
Finally, this best surveillance cameras for home is also tiny so that it will fit discreetly anywhere.
3. Blink Security Cameras – Best High–End Surveillance Cameras
- This bundle contains the all-new Blink Outdoor – 5 camera kit and Blink Mini.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day...
- Blink Mini is an indoor, plug-in security camera with 1080 HD video, motion detection and two way...
The blink security cameras are basically the must-have for home surveillance cameras because you can start with one unit and then build a whole network of connected cameras around your home – inside and out!
See prices on Amazon for the Blink Home Security Camera System.
It is the most expensive of this selection of the best surveillance cameras. But for a good reason: it’s completely weatherproof, offers two years of battery life.
Also, it has features such as intelligent video capture, which records movements (but only while moving).
This allows you to save data and not waste time filming things that are not important.
You also get completely free cloud storage for all units, and there is no cable.
- Weatherproof for outdoor or indoor use: Position and move your wireless Blink camera throughout your home, indoors or out.
- Integrated motion detector: As soon as motion is detected, Wi-Fi cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a short video of the event in the cloud.
- Battery-powered security system: Wireless security camera, powered by 2 AA lithium batteries with 2 years battery life.
- Quick and easy installation to monitor your home in minutes; Wireless cameras easy to control with free iOS and Android apps.
4. EZVIZ – Wireless Surveillance Cameras
- ✔ STROBE LIGHT&SIREN ALARM- The camera stands ready 24/7 watching over the important areas of your...
- ✔ ALL-SEEING DAY & NIGHT - HD clear vision and wide angle view get everything covered day and...
- ✔ IP66 DUST & WATER PROTECTION - Designed for long lasting outdoor security, the IP66-certified...
The EZVIZ Wireless surveillance cameras use a ceiling-mounted 360-degree pin to show all angles of your home. The smart camera also uses HiFi speakers for the camera’s two-way audio function.
It is equipped with a strobe light and a 100-decibel siren, and both are triggered when motion is detected.
Moreover, with EZVIZ cloud storage, you will be able to store, share, and playback the images from your security camera at any time to the secure cloud storage.
- When motion is detected, recording starts automatically, and a notification is sent immediately.
- The IP camera has high-quality resolution even at night (30m night vision) and uses dimly lit infrared illumination to be easily hidden.
- The outdoor camera can be connected to the internet via 2.4GHz WiFi or an Ethernet cable to ensure clear and smooth video.
- No one can access your EZVIZ! All data traffic between the device and the application server is provided by a high encryption level and certified to comply with IOS / IEC 27001.
5. Netatmo – Outdoor Surveillance Camera
- PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY: receive instant alerts on your smartphone to let you know what is happening...
- DETER UNWANTED VISITORS DAY AND NIGHT: the smart floodlight switches on when needed to deter...
- RECEIVE CUSTOM ALERTS: Presence distinguishes between people, cars and animals and will only provide...
The Netatmo Presence Smart Surveillance Camera provides homeowners with 24/7 security with automatic mobile alerts and a built-in smart LED projector.
Always know who is within 65 feet of your home by using your smartphone to view real-time security camera footage.
- Real-time alert if an unknown person or vehicle is detected on your property.
- Human being, vehicle, an animal? With the Alert-Zones function, define the zones to be monitored and the type of intrusion to be alerted.
- It helps you scare away intruders and can even light your way at night—access streaming or live HD images from your camera 24/7, even at night with night vision.
- Compatible with Apple Homekit, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. Control the camera by voice and create scenarios with other connected objects
List of best Selling Surveillance Camera :
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately); Audio not supported
- Patented 100 percent Wire Free design for easy placement anywhere and field of view 110 degree
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Answer your door no matter where you are from your smartphone with 1080p HD day and infrared night...
- Experience long-lasting battery life, custom alerts, privacy settings, and more.
- Get alerts when motion is detected or someone presses Video Doorbell. Connect to existing doorbell...
- 24" Ultra slim profile
- Contemporary sleek metallic design
- Slim bezel with thin chassis. Power Range (V, A, Hz)- AC-DC Adapter Input 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz,...
- Ideal for Android smartphones and tablets, and MIL cameras
- Up to 256GB to store even more hours of Full HD video (2). 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes....
- Up to 120MB/s transfer speeds let you move up to 1000 photos in a minute (5). Up to 120MB/s read...
- 1080p HD wired video doorbell with two-way talk, advanced motion detection, standard 2.4 GHz...
- Get real-time notifications sent straight to your phone. To hear audio notifications in your home,...
- Advanced motion detection helps you know when someone’s at your front door before they ring your...
Consider Before Buying Surveillance Cameras For Home
⇲High definition video quality (HD)
The higher the resolution of the camera, the sharper the images. Ideally, you’ll need 1080p or higher resolution to get the best view possible.
Keep in mind that if you connect your camera to a digital video recorder (DVR) to record footage from your camera, it will also need to be HD compatible to get good quality photos and videos.
Clear night vision is one of the most important features of outdoor surveillance cameras. For the best and brightest night view, consider a camera with infrared (IR) technology to send bright light across wavelengths.
The number of infrared LEDs used in a camera determines how well your outdoor surveillance camera will be able to display what is outside your home clearly.
Look for surveillance cameras that have night vision of at least 50m or more. Many models also have a built-in IR switch that automatically turns infrared technology on and off, depending on lighting conditions.
⇲Pan, tilt, and zoom function
Cameras with remote-controlled pan, tilt, and zoom functions are ideal for covering larger areas and allowing them to get the best possible viewing angle without moving the camera.
⇲Connection with your smartphone
Many outdoor security cameras available today are capable of streaming a live stream directly to your mobile device.
If you want to record during the day or while you are away, this is a handy feature to have. Make sure you choose a camera that is compatible with your mobile phone.
Typically, remote access, mobile alerts require a monthly or annual fee from your monitoring provider or app.
How to install your surveillance camera?
Once you have decided on the places to watch, you should also establish a strategy for placing and installing the surveillance cameras for home installation to cover the intended areas.
Install Your Surveillance Camera Outside Your Home
- Install the cameras at a distance of 5 to 8 meters from the ground. This height is low enough to capture fine detail but high enough to be out of thieves and vandals’ reach.
- Do not point the cameras directly at the sun. Bright light causes glare and high contrast in your footage, making it hard to tell what’s going on. Take into account the movement of the sun and orient your cameras according to the indirect light.
- Decide if you want the camera to be visible or hidden. Visible security cameras are effective deterrents against burglaries, but they are also targets for theft and vandalism. Some owners choose to install a prominent fake decoy camera and replace it with a real one that’s slightly more concealed. In contrast, others add sturdy hardware or housing around the camera to make it more difficult to see.
- Protect the camera from the weather elements. The best surveillance cameras for home are highly resistant to weather and water, but not all are created equal. Choose a camera suited to your climate, and place it under eaves or in another semi-protected location if you can.
Install Your Surveillance Camera Inside Your Home
- The corners of your house are your friends. Hanging an indoor camera in the corner of a room usually gives you the widest possible perspective.
- Windows can cause reflection problems. Pointing a camera out the window can degrade its image quality. Many security cameras are equipped with infrared (IR) light technology, facilitating motion detection and allowing the cameras to operate in low light conditions. Infrared light can reflect off windows and other glass objects and mask your images, especially in the dark. If your images appear washed out or bleached, there is likely a reflection problem.
- If it is necessary to point a camera at the window, positioning the lens as close to the glass as possible and/or backlighting the outside area (perhaps with motion detector lamps) are two measures of glare reduction to try. This can also be useful if your camera is equipped with WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technology.
- Find an angle for indirect light. Again, direct light will erase your images. With indoor cameras, watch out for lamps, light fixtures, and bright windows. Avoid pointing your camera directly at one of these light sources.
Benefits of Surveillance Cameras
Outdoor surveillance cameras offer several safety and security benefits for your home. Regardless of the lens, recording, or other features, any outdoor surveillance camera can provide these benefits.
Today’s best surveillance cameras for home combine with mobile apps to control your surveillance camera using your mobile phone. You will automatically receive notifications when the camera power is low, or motion is detected. You will even be able to view real-time videos, record, and view directly from your smartphone.
Whether it’s day or night, your surveillance camera system is designed to monitor your home even when you are away. It is powered to detect and alert you of any activity automatically.
best surveillance cameras for home are made to monitor your home at all times. If the motion is detected, you will automatically receive alerts on your phone, and the camera will automatically record the activity for you to review later.
The best security cameras offer a real-time view and come equipped with a two-way audio system to scare off intruders. Some cameras can trigger the siren or speak to visitors using the mobile app to protect you from potential dangers outside your door.
If you have the best surveillance cameras for home, the security camera will automatically connect to alert your provider’s monitoring center at any time of motion-triggered activity.