How to set up Genymotion : Fast, Easy Android Emulator
Genymotion is an Android emulator based on Virtualbox. The good thing is that it doesn’t require you to install Virtualbox (good if you have already installed it) as it is bundled with the installer. Additionally, it can emulate specific devices and allows you to install/run/test apps on it,
1. Networking: Ethernet (emulates WiFi connection).
2. GPS (with configurable coordinates) and battery (with configurable battery levels) emulation widgets.
3. Display: OpenGL hardware acceleration, multiscreen, full-screen display.
4. Genymotion shell which allows you to interact with your VM using a command line.
5. ADB support.
6. Eclipse and Android Studio plugins.
7. Supports Linux, Windows, and Mac.
2. VT-x or AMD-V capable CPU enabled in BIOS settings
3. At least 2GB of RAM memory
4. At least 100MB of free space on Hard Drive for Genymotion installation
2. Screen resolution greater than 1024 x 768 pixels
Note : if you don't have Graphic card then you can't use Genymotion in your computer.
Checking Requirement :
- Identify your Intel® Graphics Controller See here
- Oracle VirtualBox >= 4.2.12 (greater is better)
Download and Install Oracle VirtualBox
Read the following section.
For WindowsThe easiest way to install VirtualBox is to download the Genymotion package that contains VirtualBox installer here
For Mac OS XGo to VirtualBox download page and get the Mac OS X .dmg file. Open the .dmg file and follow the installation steps. When finished, reboot.
For LinuxCheck your repositories: almost every GNU/Linux have a package installer for VirtualBox. If not, or if you need to install a specific version, go to VirtualBox download page
Installation GenymotionTo get started, you will have to head over to Genymotion website and register a user account. You will be able to download the installer after the registration.
1. Go to Genymotion register page
2. In the signup form, fill the fields with your personal information.
3. Click the "SIGN UP" button
4. You will receive a validation E-mail. Click on the validation link to finish
5. You will receive another E-mail, indicating that your registration is now complete
To see complete Installation Genymotion Please See genymotion official page installation article
Configure Genymotion with Android Studio:
1. Download genymotion-idea-plugin-20130716.jar plugin from the link http://plugins.genymotion.com/plugins/idea/1.0.1/genymotion-idea-plugin-20130716.jar
2. Open Android Studio IDE
3. Open File->Settings ->Plugins
4. Choose Install plugin from disk and choose the downloaded genymotion-idea-plugin-20130716.jar
5. Now Apply Changes
6. In Android Studio select Run->Edit configurations
7. Select Target device as Show chooser dialog.
8. Now you can test your Application in Genymotion by choosing Genymotion from the Choose Device dialog while running your Application.
Install Failed CPU :
Unable to start Genymotion Virtual Device - Virtualbox Host Only Ethernet Adapter Failed to startSee the solution :http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19106436/
Unable to create Genymotion Virtual DeviceSee the solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17540311/
Genymotion does not start Android virtual device
genymotion player.exe stoped working
Content may not be re-published without permission.
Some pages on this site include affiliate links.