One of the essential pieces of technology in your home is your router because it connects all the computers, phones and other devices in your home to the Internet. Whether you have cable or DSL, it doesn’t matter because your router connects your provider’s modem to the Internet.
So you need to choose the best router for your situation.
Today I will be reviewing the best wifi router for apartment. Most users will be connected to a wireless network using one of the two most common wireless standards: 802.11a or 802.11b. The 802.11b standard is generally slower than 802.11a;
it is most commonly found in the home and small office networks. Some 802.11b devices operate at a maximum speed of 11 Mbit/s, while 802.11a equipment can reach speeds of up to 54 Mbit/s.
The reason should buy a wifi router.
- Quickly share a connection. – A wifi router makes it easier for family members or employees to access the Internet. This device also offers the possibility of quickly creating a wireless network between different devices.
Unlike a wired network, the one set up from a router does not require any so-called “master” PC. In other words, any device belonging to the network can directly access the Internet and interact with the other terminals turned on without the intermediary of the main computer.
- Improve the internet connection – Sharing is only one of the many missions of a wifi router. It ensures the redistribution of the connection equitably and considerably improves its stability and regularity.
Note that some hardware can, to a certain extent, offer a significant boost to the speed of the connection. However, to benefit from a boost, it is necessary to choose the right router according to a few models, such as the maximum speed that it can support.
Whether it is to improve redistribution or speed up the connection, it is strongly recommended to favor products that can support a relatively high speed.
- Protect your network – The intrusion of an unknown device into a network can represent a great danger to the data of computers and other devices connected to it. It can be carried out by a hacker intending to steal personal information or, in the best case, by a person who wishes to benefit from a free and illegal internet connection.
In any case, it is essential to offer an optimal level of protection to your network, and the wifi router is presented as the primary solution.
The security system differs depending on the product. Some offer WEP or WPA key encryption, while others protect the network by detecting unknown IP addresses and preventing them from connecting without administrator permission.
- Prevent access to specific sites – If you have kids, a wifi router can help you block adult sites without installing any software. Parental control systems offered by routers are reliable and easy to implement. Their configuration is usually done in a few minutes, and they offer particularly difficult to circumvent safety devices.
Here we can start best wifi router for apartment list for you. Keep Reading here:
Editor’s choice – Linksys EA6900-EJ
No products found.
This dual-band router gets its place in large families. Its enticing performance, which transfers 1900 Mbps, makes it an excellent solution for gamers and streamers.
Our first choice for best wifi router for apartment is Linksys EA6900-EJ delivers throughput that meets your expectations for downloads, gaming and streaming. All users will benefit from a good connection quality in simultaneous use. Portable antennas improve signal distribution while maximizing their range.
In addition to connecting to PCs, smartphones, tablets and TV devices, what can connect this WiFi router without interference to other devices such as the printer through its USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports? Also, there are 4 other Gigabit ports, providing a quality connection.
The home network created with the Linksys EA6900-EJ is remotely controllable via a mobile device. Parental control mode is also accessible in this way. The same applies to the monitoring of activities carried out on the network and the various statistics. It is possible to prioritize specific devices because most of the bandwidth is granted to them.
Best Cheap WiFi Router – Tenda AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
No products found.
This 300 Mbps Wifi router is designed for regular uses: downloading, streaming music and movies, Internet browsing. This model uses reliable security protocols.
Several security tools come into play through this wifi router to provide a better user experience. In addition to its high level of safety, the Tenda AC1200 Smart WiFi Router benefits from a classy and unique design.
It finds its place in all the house rooms and allows the whole family to enjoy a fast connection. Supporting WISP mode, wireless sharing is improved.
best wifi router for apartment
Parents will be able to restrict the use of the router for their children. Likewise, they can block specific sites that are not suitable for their age. Moreover, it is possible to indicate an activation and shutdown time on this device, a convenient feature to reduce its electricity consumption.
Best High-end WiFi Router – ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)
No products found.
This Asus Gaming Wifi Router covers an area of 200 m². There are no performance problems to lament in this context to the many innovative systems arranged in this router, particularly the AirMesh system.
This 802.11ax WiFi router can ensure a speed of 5700 Mbps at a frequency of 160 MHz. Asus has sought to spoil gamers, particularly with the Mobile Gaming mode, which reduces latencies on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. The gaming port offers a particular privilege in terms of speed and stability to the PC or the console that connects it.
In addition to the technologies mentioned above, the Asus RT-AX86U AX5700 has an Adaptive QoS device capable of prioritizing game traffic. Still, what can put the other activities on the front of the stage according to your habits? With the Air Mesh router system, multiple users access a mesh network providing a seamless connection across all devices.
Best Router For Smart Home – Honor Router 3
No products found.
In addition to its extensive compatibility and its speed of 3000 Mbps, the Honor Router 3 stands out from other wifi 6 routers by a discreet and compact design. Offering 4 Ethernet ports, it does not have any USB port.
The last best wifi router for apartment is Honor Router 3 is a dual bandwidth 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi router. It is a wifi 6 router, capable of broadcasting multiple signals. For data sharing, it has a remarkable secret boot: it accepts up to 4 devices simultaneously on the first frequency and up to 16 devices on the other!
Its self-developed chip offers better signal quality and considerable speed.
Its range is just incredible, with the ability to connect more than 128 devices at an acceptable distance: the connection speed remains unchanged at 15 m from this wifi router! Finally, the Honor router 3 has a very efficient energy-saving system. It goes to sleep when no device is connected.
For a range of great budget Router, check out our guide to the 10 Best Mesh WiFi Network Routers
Best Wifi Router For Apartment – Buying Guides
The quality of the connection varies from one router to another. The following parameters affect this performance.
⇛Ease of use
When buying a wifi router, it is necessary to decide whether it is designed for home or business use. In the case of home use, it suffices to opt for a device that can handle about ten incoming connections.
If the hardware must meet the needs of a business, the idea is to turn to a model that can handle a hundred computers and several connected objects. While professional wireless routers are relatively expensive, they provide significantly higher performance than consumer products.
The use of a router is to redistribute the speed of an Internet connection fairly. However, dispatch problems are not uncommon and are usually caused by higher internet speed than supported by the hardware.
In other words, you should choose a model that offers a higher connection speed than that provided by your internet service provider. For a maximum throughput of 100 Mbps, it is best to opt for a router that supports up to 200 Mbps for optimal stability.
The level of security is a factor that should not neglect in the buying of a wifi router. It is not recommended to rely primarily on the performance of its antivirus software, as many hackers manage to bypass the protective devices of this type of software.
Antivirus cannot prevent a third party with good knowledge of hacking from illegally using your internet connection. In the majority of cases, securing a router is achieved using encryption by WEP or WPA key.
Although these two types of encryption provide a reasonable level of protection, it is best to look to a model that offers an IP bandwidth control system. It records the IP addresses of all devices with connection authorization and effectively prevents any intrusion from unknown devices.
The installation can be more or less complex, depending on the router. If you are making your first purchase, it is strongly recommended to avoid models that require long setup sessions.
The best is to opt for a device requiring only a connection to an electrical outlet, the internet box, and a driver’s installation.
The performance of the router depends on the supported wifi standard. Today, most devices using wifi display the 802.11n bar because it is compatible with all old technologies.
On a router, it achieves a speed of up to 600 Mbps. However, it is not the best for all that. It remains within the limits of what is acceptable. Higher performance relies on routers with a capacity corresponding to the 802.11ac or 802.11ax (Wifi 6) standard with best coverage.
Types of wifi routers
Here are the 3 types of wifi routers presented on the market. in our opinion all are the best wifi router for apartment.
Single Band wifi Router
The Single Band wifi Router uses the 2.4 GHz frequency and is based on a single radio band—the advantage of being more accessible. But you should not expect a very advanced capacity with this option.
However, it remains advisable for simple internet browsing. The point is, it quickly interferes with other devices like the microwave and even smartphones.
Dual Band wifi Router
A Dual Band wifi Router is what you need for more advanced users. It is suitable for fans of video streaming and online video games for streaming players. With a 2-frequency connection, this device ensures smooth operation.
The dual-band router, therefore, supports the frequency of 5 GHz, giving it a high throughput. The price starts to climb with this type of router.
Triple Band wifi Router
The triple band wifi router uses 2.4GHz frequency and two more 5GHz frequencies in parallel. It is the most suitable alternative when there are a lot of users with various devices.
It is better to ensure good traffic. Something that is possible with the tri-band. Everyone benefits from a better connection despite several intensive services. It should be noted, however, that these models are pretty tricky to access.
Wifi router VS internet box?
The role of a router is to share the connection between several wireless devices. It draws it from a modem with Ethernet and then uses a transmitter to activate the junction. In some cases, using a modem is not necessary since the wifi router can perfectly assume this role.
All-in-one hardware, the box supports all tasks that can use on a network. It, therefore, has several features apart from internet browsing. It gives access to TV content on a television and can also supply your landline telephone or even serve as an intermediary for data sharing. The box is available with and without wire.
Although immensely versatile, the box cannot perform everywhere. To benefit from a good internet connection, you still need a supporting router. The latter significantly improves bandwidth. More than one even prefers to replace their box with the router to gain a higher wifi standard and range. This device also has several systems that improve, but above all secure, the use of the Internet.
Frequency ask question
- What is the best wifi router?
The best wifi router for apartment depends on your needs and your budget. Read our buying guide to find the best products around.
- Is It Safe To Buy A wifi Router Online?
Not all internet resellers are reliable. This is why it is better to see specialist traders who can advise you if necessary. But to save you back and forth from the seller, we have selected the best wifi router for apartment.
- Do I have to be an IT genius to be able to install a wifi router?
The installation of a wifi router is effortless. Just follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- What are Ethernet ports used for?
Some wifi routers have multiple Ethernet ports to allow multiple users to enjoy good connection speed.
- Is the wifi router identical to the modem?
No, they are two different and parallel systems. The modem creates a standard network signal and turns it into a data packet. The router is responsible for sharing it with all devices.
Tips from our expert
- The location of the router – Many people forget that wireless signals can be complex. The choice of the location of the router is essential: placed in such and such a place, it will provide a quality signal to certain rooms of the house, but a common signal to your room, while elsewhere it will be the reverse. Thus, moving your router may be enough to help remedy your connection problem. Distance is essential: the further away you are from the router, the worse your connection will be. However, there may be other aspects of positioning to consider.
- USB antennas – What if your router doesn’t have its antenna? Or if your signal remains poor after you’ve already changed the internal antenna? You might consider purchasing a USB antenna for your computer. It works the same as a built-in antenna but can be positioned as needed for optimal performance. Make sure you buy one that comes with a cable; this will allow you to place the receiver in the most optimal position without physically moving your machine.
- Wireless range amplifiers – They are not expensive and are compatible with almost all modern routers and modems. They can be helpful if you have a large property and the new antennas cannot cover specific areas. Thanks to their advantageous price, they are also an effective way to get your signal through a dense wall or any other physical structure that may reduce its quality.
- Routing channels – Wifi congestion can be a real problem if you live in a densely populated area. For example, in an apartment building, there are so many people using wireless devices that the waves are thick, and the signals bounce back. Like walkie-talkies and baby monitors, routers can operate on multiple frequencies, the most common being 2.4 GHz.
Within this frequency, there are 13 channels, and 20 MHz separates each track from the two surrounding channels. Given this spacing, each of the 13 channels overlaps with at least two others. Most people never change their router’s default channel, so changing yours can help alleviate some of these potential congestion issues.
- Firmware updates – The firmware on a router is like a brain for this device – it’s the underlying software that keeps the rest of the device running. As with almost all modern technology, new modifications and updates are constantly being developed by router manufacturers. It allows them to improve, for example, the speed and performance of their products and correct security vulnerabilities.